Taiwanese major lifts PVC prices to Asia for February
A trader in India reported receiving an offer for Taiwanese PVC at $770/ton CIF while placing their buy ideas at $700/ton. “We think that the producer attempted a price increase due to their lack of inventory pressure, but we believe that other Asian producers will elect to reduce their prices rather than follow the Taiwanese major’s lead. Demand is not bad, although consumption would normally be a bit higher in January,” the trader stated. Another Indian trader reported receiving new prices from Taiwan at $770/ton, commenting that they believe that this price will prove unworkable and that producer will agree to discounts on deals.
A converter in Vietnam said that they purchased Japanese PVC at $720/ton CIF, adding that they purchased Japanese materials as they found this origin to be more attractively-priced than Taiwanese cargoes.
PVC prices currently stand at $680-770/ton to India, at $710-730/ton to SEA and at $730/ton to China, all on a CIF/CFR, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe