Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
According to market sources, the major Taiwanese producer announced its June PVC prices with decreases of $20/ton to China and $30/ton to India when compared to May.
Although the producer’s decrease decision was in line with some players’ initial expectations, others were surprised by the move as local PVC prices in China currently maintain their firming trend with the support from low inventories in the midst of planned maintenance shutdowns along with seasonal demand.
In India, a trader commented, “Taiwanese and Korean cargoes were sold well as buyers find their levels reasonable in the midst of high local prices inside China. A Taiwanese major’s $30/ton lower June offers to India have also helped buying sentiment. We think that end-users’ business will slow down by next month given the monsoon season.”
Another trader said, “Two South Korean producers offer at the same level with the Taiwanese major for June. Despite firm crude oil futures and India’s higher inflation, import PVC offers are attractive now as they have not been lower than the prevailing levels since early 2018. The major was able to sell well to India this time.”
In China, a source from a producer opined, “The Taiwanese major’s June pricing surprised us as we think that China’s domestic market will remain stable in the remaining part of May.”
A source from another Taiwanese producer noted, “The major producer’s June allocation is higher from previous months despite an upcoming turnaround. We evaluate this as a sign of a weak outlook for PVC market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy