Taiwanese major reveals Aug PVC prices to Asia
This increase was widely expected given the upcoming maintenance shutdown the producer will conduct in August both for PVC and VCM. An agent of the producer also argued, “PVC supplies will remain limited after the end of shutdown at the Taiwanese producer. This is because the producer’s ethylene supplier is planning to shut its cracker in September.”
These increases for August followed the decreases announced by the producer for two consecutive months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months