Taiwanese major reveals March PVC sell ideas to China, SEA
The source commented, “We are planning to raise our prices to China and Southeast Asia as our sales to India are going well. We think that buyers will purchase close to their normal quantities in February despite the Chinese New Year holidays as they are holding very low inventory levels due to an extended period of reduced purchasing activity.” He added that they are planning to offer their normal allocation for March shipment to China and SEA.
The producer had announced their March PVC prices to India with an increase of $40/ton from February at $900/ton CIF, cash. Last week, a pipe manufacturer in India claimed that the Taiwanese producer sold out their PVC quota for March at their initial offer level.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient