Taiwanese major reveals Oct PVC prices to Asia
This hike request of the producer was expected among market players, although some were skeptical about whether these hikes would find acceptance on the buyers’ side. Last week, a trader in India reported, “The Taiwanese major’s new offers will not be lower than $930/ton. Although the full amount of the hike request may not be realized, suppliers are in a comfortable position to set the price.”
Considering the nearing end of the monsoon season, particularly in the north, slowly reviving demand, low inventory levels both on the producers’ and converters’ side and the widely-held firm stance of many suppliers across the region, players in India generally concur that sellers’ hands are stronger in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic