Taiwanese major revises Nov PVC prices downward to SE Asia
A trader operating in Vietnam reported receiving PVC prices from the producer with a $20/ton decrease from their initial November levels. “Demand for PVC is a bit weaker when compared to other polymers. However, we expect to see better demand in December,” he stated.
A second player commented, “The Taiwanese major revised their prices downward to Southeast Asia due to slow demand. We heard that they have not closed their November sales yet. For December, we are expecting to see lower prices from the producer.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import PVC prices are currently reported at $780-800/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness