Taiwanese producer: CPC’s maintenance may affect PVC supplies in early 2017
According to market sources, Taiwan’s CPC is planning to shut its No. 6 steam cracker at Linyuan on February 13, 2017 for maintenance. The cracker is expected to remain shut until April 10. The cracker has a production capacity of 720,000 tons/year of ethylene.
The source said, “Taiwan’s CPC will go under maintenance in February for almost two months. Therefore, we think that this will influence a major Taiwanese PVC producer’s supplies for the upcoming months as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets weighed by falling feedstock costs
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner
- Container freight rate slump deepens as weak demand seems here to stay