Taiwanese producer: CPC’s maintenance may affect PVC supplies in early 2017
According to market sources, Taiwan’s CPC is planning to shut its No. 6 steam cracker at Linyuan on February 13, 2017 for maintenance. The cracker is expected to remain shut until April 10. The cracker has a production capacity of 720,000 tons/year of ethylene.
The source said, “Taiwan’s CPC will go under maintenance in February for almost two months. Therefore, we think that this will influence a major Taiwanese PVC producer’s supplies for the upcoming months as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand