Taiwanese producer: CPC’s maintenance may affect PVC supplies in early 2017
According to market sources, Taiwan’s CPC is planning to shut its No. 6 steam cracker at Linyuan on February 13, 2017 for maintenance. The cracker is expected to remain shut until April 10. The cracker has a production capacity of 720,000 tons/year of ethylene.
The source said, “Taiwan’s CPC will go under maintenance in February for almost two months. Therefore, we think that this will influence a major Taiwanese PVC producer’s supplies for the upcoming months as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene
- Vietnam PP prices propelled by bullish China market, improved demand outlook
- Asian PVC markets shaken by fresh round of sharp hikes; prices reach new highs
- Higher costs, rising demand carry import LDPE prices to a 5-month high in China
- SE Asian PP lifted by supportive supply-demand fundamentals
- European PVC loses premium over global markets; Oct calls for hikes