Taiwanese producer announces Jan PVC prices to Asia
The source stated that they are willing to give a $10/ton discount on done deals for more than 1000 tons. He commented, “Surplus PVC supply in China was the main reason behind our reduction decision for India as we believe that more Chinese sellers will try to export their cargoes to India in line with the depreciating yuan. We are feeling quite positive regarding our January sales to India due to low stocks in the country while buyers need to secure cargoes nowadays as it is currently the peak season there.”
Meanwhile, a buyer in India reported receiving a January shipment PVC offer from the producer at $760/ton CIF, cash, adding that they plan to wait before purchasing as they believe that prices might still have some room to come down.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?
- Turkish players question future outlook as import PP, PE prices see 6-month highs
- Asian PVC markets stay strong as tightness overshadows virus fears
- SEA LLDPE market sees fresh hikes despite virus-hit sentiment across Asia
- Turkey’s overall polymer imports resume growth in 2019