Taiwanese producer applies further ABS hikes to China, holds PS stable
According to the traders, the producer lifted their prices by $20/ton for ABS injection when compared to their levels last week, bringing their new offers to $2080/ton on a CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis. The producer’s PS offers are currently standing at $1750/ton for HIPS injection and at $1660/ton for GPPS injection with the same terms.
A trader commented, “Producers currently focus on protecting their margins rather than increasing their sales as they want to reduce their cost pressure.”
Meanwhile, another trader stated that the PS allocation of the producer is normal while their ABS quota is quite limited.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures