Taiwanese producer apply further ABS decreases in Turkey
Accordingly, the producer’s ABS natural price broke below $1800/ton threshold. Prices for this origin stand at $1750/ton for ABS natural and at $1900/ton for ABS white, all on a CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash basis. “Our Taiwanese producer issued decreases recently in line with our expectations. However, we are not willing to purchase material considering this origin’s duty disadvantage,” a trader reported.
Spot styrene costs sank to the lowest levels since September 2009 recently to be quoted as low as at $830/ton FOB South Korea. The latest figure represented a drastic drop of more than $200/ton week over week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm