Taiwanese producer apply further ABS decreases in Turkey
Accordingly, the producer’s ABS natural price broke below $1800/ton threshold. Prices for this origin stand at $1750/ton for ABS natural and at $1900/ton for ABS white, all on a CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash basis. “Our Taiwanese producer issued decreases recently in line with our expectations. However, we are not willing to purchase material considering this origin’s duty disadvantage,” a trader reported.
Spot styrene costs sank to the lowest levels since September 2009 recently to be quoted as low as at $830/ton FOB South Korea. The latest figure represented a drastic drop of more than $200/ton week over week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September