Taiwanese producer continues to cut PS offers to China, SE Asia
This week, the producer decreased its PS offers by $40-50/ton for GPPS and by $30-40/ton for HIPS, and concluded deals with an additional 20$/ton discount from their current offer levels at $1220-1230/ton for GPPS and at $1300-1310/ton for HIPS on CIF China/SEA, cash basis.
A source from the producer noted, “Players either prefer to remain on the sidelines or source based on their needs as they expect prices to retreat further in the days ahead. Sellers are under sales pressure due to falling feedstock costs. We think prices will witness additional drops in May, albeit in smaller amounts when compared to March and April.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years