Taiwanese producer continues to cut PS offers to China, SE Asia
This week, the producer decreased its PS offers by $40-50/ton for GPPS and by $30-40/ton for HIPS, and concluded deals with an additional 20$/ton discount from their current offer levels at $1220-1230/ton for GPPS and at $1300-1310/ton for HIPS on CIF China/SEA, cash basis.
A source from the producer noted, “Players either prefer to remain on the sidelines or source based on their needs as they expect prices to retreat further in the days ahead. Sellers are under sales pressure due to falling feedstock costs. We think prices will witness additional drops in May, albeit in smaller amounts when compared to March and April.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan