Taiwanese producer cuts PS prices to Asia
The source commented, “Styrene prices are retreating while PS demand has slowed in the past weeks as buyers are now waiting on the sidelines due to their expectations of further price declines. We are currently operating our plant at full rates as we will shut our production line at the end of the month due to maintenance.”
A container manufacturer in Indonesia stated, “Demand is muted at the moment while softer styrene costs are putting pressure on the PS market. We are planning to stand on the sidelines until we have a clearer idea about the market outlook.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Destocking activity sends Turkish PP, PE markets to multi-year lows
- Asia PET markets stay soft as supplies accumulate amid seasonal lull
- Price gap between PVC and HDPE pipe shrinks in Vietnam
- Spot C3 prices in Europe and Asia fall to new lows as supply lengthens
- European PE prices at a decade low, eroding demand for recycled grades
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene