Taiwanese producer cuts PS prices to Asia
The source commented, “Styrene prices are retreating while PS demand has slowed in the past weeks as buyers are now waiting on the sidelines due to their expectations of further price declines. We are currently operating our plant at full rates as we will shut our production line at the end of the month due to maintenance.”
A container manufacturer in Indonesia stated, “Demand is muted at the moment while softer styrene costs are putting pressure on the PS market. We are planning to stand on the sidelines until we have a clearer idea about the market outlook.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe