Taiwanese producer cuts PS prices to SEA and China
A source from the producer reported, “Players continue to source on an as needed basis and demand remains quite weak. GPPS demand is still better compared to HIPS.”
The producer’s new offer levels were reported at $1150-1160/ton for GPPS and $1200/ton for HIPS, both on CIF China and SEA, cash basis. They came close to the low end of the overall import market in Southeast Asia and China this week, although they were forming the high end last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday