Taiwanese producer cuts PS prices to SEA and China
A source from the producer reported, “Players continue to source on an as needed basis and demand remains quite weak. GPPS demand is still better compared to HIPS.”
The producer’s new offer levels were reported at $1150-1160/ton for GPPS and $1200/ton for HIPS, both on CIF China and SEA, cash basis. They came close to the low end of the overall import market in Southeast Asia and China this week, although they were forming the high end last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets