Taiwanese producer gives higher PVC sell ideas for Apr to India
The producer’s new sell ideas were largely in line with players’ expectations. A trader who reported receiving an offer for Chinese acetylene based PVC at $850/ton CIF stated, “We believe that major regional producers have delayed their price announcements due to the recent volatility in crude oil prices. We expect new prices from regional majors to be announced at around $940/ton.”
A converter manufacturing pipes and fittings predicted that regional majors would announce April prices at around $960-970/ton CIF. “We feel that sellers will not offer above this level as they do not want to leave room for Chinese acetylene based producers to compete. Local supply is tight, but we think that availability will improve later this month as some previously purchased import cargoes are said to be due to arrive at the ports,” the buyer reported.
Import PVC prices currently stand at $930-960/ton CIF India, cash equivalent basis while offers for Chinese acetylene based PVC stand at $850-860/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question