Taiwanese producer gives higher PVC sell ideas for Apr to India
The producer’s new sell ideas were largely in line with players’ expectations. A trader who reported receiving an offer for Chinese acetylene based PVC at $850/ton CIF stated, “We believe that major regional producers have delayed their price announcements due to the recent volatility in crude oil prices. We expect new prices from regional majors to be announced at around $940/ton.”
A converter manufacturing pipes and fittings predicted that regional majors would announce April prices at around $960-970/ton CIF. “We feel that sellers will not offer above this level as they do not want to leave room for Chinese acetylene based producers to compete. Local supply is tight, but we think that availability will improve later this month as some previously purchased import cargoes are said to be due to arrive at the ports,” the buyer reported.
Import PVC prices currently stand at $930-960/ton CIF India, cash equivalent basis while offers for Chinese acetylene based PVC stand at $850-860/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion