Taiwanese producer gives higher PVC sell ideas for Apr to India
The producer’s new sell ideas were largely in line with players’ expectations. A trader who reported receiving an offer for Chinese acetylene based PVC at $850/ton CIF stated, “We believe that major regional producers have delayed their price announcements due to the recent volatility in crude oil prices. We expect new prices from regional majors to be announced at around $940/ton.”
A converter manufacturing pipes and fittings predicted that regional majors would announce April prices at around $960-970/ton CIF. “We feel that sellers will not offer above this level as they do not want to leave room for Chinese acetylene based producers to compete. Local supply is tight, but we think that availability will improve later this month as some previously purchased import cargoes are said to be due to arrive at the ports,” the buyer reported.
Import PVC prices currently stand at $930-960/ton CIF India, cash equivalent basis while offers for Chinese acetylene based PVC stand at $850-860/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November