Taiwanese producer increases PS offers to China, SE Asia
This week, the producer increased its PS offers by $50/ton for GPPS and by $50-60/ton for HIPS, but concluded deals with 20$/ton discount for GPPS and $20-30/ton discount for HIPS from their current offer levels at $1210/ton and at $1300-1310/ton on CIF China/SEA, cash basis., respectively.
The source commented, “In terms of demand, GPPS is still better than HIPS. Buying activity has shown improvements in line with the recent uptrend; but we are still under sales and cost pressure. Although the May-June period is the off season for PS applications, we think prices may still increase as the trend will depend on the state of demand and upstream.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market