Taiwanese producer issues drops on PS, ABS prices to SEA
The producer reduced their prices by $50/ton for GPPS and by $30/ton for HIPS, bringing their new offers to $1440/ton for GPPS and $1530/ton for HIPS, both on a CIF SEA, cash basis, while they lowered their ABS prices by $50/ton to $1630/ton with the same terms. He stated, “Our customers are not willing to purchase right now as they are waiting on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing further price relief.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices are down by around $60/ton week over week to be currently quoted at $1250-1255/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce