Taiwanese producer issues drops on PS, ABS prices to SEA
The producer reduced their prices by $50/ton for GPPS and by $30/ton for HIPS, bringing their new offers to $1440/ton for GPPS and $1530/ton for HIPS, both on a CIF SEA, cash basis, while they lowered their ABS prices by $50/ton to $1630/ton with the same terms. He stated, “Our customers are not willing to purchase right now as they are waiting on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing further price relief.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices are down by around $60/ton week over week to be currently quoted at $1250-1255/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount