Taiwanese producer issues further ABS, PS hikes to SE Asia
According to the agent, the producer currently offers GPPS at $1150/ton, HIPS at $1190/ton and ABS at $1250/ton, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. “Our supplier has limited availability this week,” he stated.
Since the end of the Chinese New Year holidays, the Taiwanese producer has implemented a cumulative increase of $100/ton for HIPS and $90/ton for GPPS and ABS given firmer styrene as well as healthier demand.
In Southeast Asia, import PS prices are currently reported at $1140/ton for GPPS and at $1190-1210/ton for HIPS, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. For ABS, prices currently stand at $1250-1290/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019