Taiwanese producer lifts GPPS prices to Asia, modestly cuts HIPS
The source commented, “We raised our GPPS offers to Asia as our March allocation is already sold out. Meanwhile, demand for HIPS remains normal and we are trying to attract better buying interest by lowering our prices slightly. Buyers are not in a hurry to make fresh purchases at the moment. However, we believe that they may return to the market to purchase material if crude oil costs continue to increase in the coming weeks. For the near term, prices may remain on the firm side as the ongoing maintenance season will maintain upward pressure on the market until the end of May.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets