Taiwanese producer lifts PS, ABS offers to China
The producer lifted its offers by $30/ton for GPPS and HIPS and by $60/ton for ABS. According to the traders, the producer’s offers stand at $1700/ton for ABS injection, at $1380/ton for HIPS injection and at $1330/ton for GPPS injection, all on a CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
A trader commented, “In Hong Kong’s market, demand for ABS is mostly on an as-needed basis. However, prices remain on a firm note due to supply tightness. Buyers in the Eastern part of China are replenishing materials while there are also some sellers who prefer to hold onto material as they believe prices still have room to increase. Currently, ABS prices are quite volatile.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019