Taiwanese producer lifts PS, ABS offers to China
The producer lifted its offers by $30/ton for GPPS and HIPS and by $60/ton for ABS. According to the traders, the producer’s offers stand at $1700/ton for ABS injection, at $1380/ton for HIPS injection and at $1330/ton for GPPS injection, all on a CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
A trader commented, “In Hong Kong’s market, demand for ABS is mostly on an as-needed basis. However, prices remain on a firm note due to supply tightness. Buyers in the Eastern part of China are replenishing materials while there are also some sellers who prefer to hold onto material as they believe prices still have room to increase. Currently, ABS prices are quite volatile.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?
- Modest availability from main PVC sources limits price drops in Turkey