Taiwanese producer lifts PS, ABS offers to China
The producer lifted its offers by $30/ton for GPPS and HIPS and by $60/ton for ABS. According to the traders, the producer’s offers stand at $1700/ton for ABS injection, at $1380/ton for HIPS injection and at $1330/ton for GPPS injection, all on a CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
A trader commented, “In Hong Kong’s market, demand for ABS is mostly on an as-needed basis. However, prices remain on a firm note due to supply tightness. Buyers in the Eastern part of China are replenishing materials while there are also some sellers who prefer to hold onto material as they believe prices still have room to increase. Currently, ABS prices are quite volatile.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines