Taiwanese producer lifts PS offers to China and SEA
The source also pointed to the upcoming maintenance shutdowns for styrene in August as well as the planned shutdowns ahead of G20 in China. The producer’s new offer levels were reported at $1180/ton for GPPS and $1230/ton for HIPS, both on CIF China and SEA, cash basis.
The PS market was firmer in Southeast Asia this past week as a different Taiwanese producer raised its offers by $10/ton and a Thai producer lifted its PS offers by $20/ton. However, the sentiment in China was not as firm as it was in Southeast Asia as weak demand offset the gains of styrene in China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019