Taiwanese producer lifts PS offers to China and SEA
The source also pointed to the upcoming maintenance shutdowns for styrene in August as well as the planned shutdowns ahead of G20 in China. The producer’s new offer levels were reported at $1180/ton for GPPS and $1230/ton for HIPS, both on CIF China and SEA, cash basis.
The PS market was firmer in Southeast Asia this past week as a different Taiwanese producer raised its offers by $10/ton and a Thai producer lifted its PS offers by $20/ton. However, the sentiment in China was not as firm as it was in Southeast Asia as weak demand offset the gains of styrene in China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion