Taiwanese producer lifts PS prices to Asia
The producer lifted their prices by $25-30/ton for GPPS and by $5/ton for HIPS when compared to last week. The producer stands firm on their GPPS offers, concluding deals at their offer levels of $1405-1410/ton on a CIF China/SEA, cash basis for GPPS. For HIPS, they concluded deals with a $10-20/ton discount at $1410-1415/ton with the same terms.
A producer source commented, “Demand for GPPS is still better than HIPS. However, we have already suggested to our customers to buy HIPS now as most of the producers are likely to raise their offers significantly after Chinese New Year given surging butadiene costs.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September