Taiwanese producer lifts PS prices to China
The trader stated that the producer lifted their GPPS and HIPS prices by $200/ton from their most recent offer levels, bringing their new offers to $1670/ton and to $1750/ton, respectively, on a CIF China, cash basis. “The producer’s PS allocation is normal. We think that they raised their offers in line with firming styrene prices,” the trader commented.
Spot styrene prices on an FOB South Korea basis surged by around $155/ton on a weekly basis to be quoted at $1550/ton at the end of last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East