Taiwanese producer lifts PS prices to China
The trader stated that the producer lifted their GPPS and HIPS prices by $200/ton from their most recent offer levels, bringing their new offers to $1670/ton and to $1750/ton, respectively, on a CIF China, cash basis. “The producer’s PS allocation is normal. We think that they raised their offers in line with firming styrene prices,” the trader commented.
Spot styrene prices on an FOB South Korea basis surged by around $155/ton on a weekly basis to be quoted at $1550/ton at the end of last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use