Taiwanese producer lifts export PET prices to SEA
Accordingly, the producer’s export offers are up by $10-20/ton to reach $890-900/ton on an FOB Taiwan, cash basis.
The producer source commented, “Demand in the Southeast Asian market is not well since players prefer to source local materials rather than imports. Furthermore, competitive offers from Korea and India also influence our sales activities. We heard that Europe might impose ADD on Korean origin PET. In case of implementation, this will make Korean suppliers divert more cargoes to the Asian region. For China, demand in the country is not bad, it just slowed down in line with the winter season while no supply issues are reported. We expect stable to firmer prices in December due to the preparation of Chinese New Year. We are currently running our plant at full rates.”
The producer’s import offers to the region currently stand at $895-905/ton on CIF SEA, cash basis, up by $10-15/ton from early November levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles