Taiwanese producer lifts export PET prices to SEA
Accordingly, the producer’s export offers are up by $10-20/ton to reach $890-900/ton on an FOB Taiwan, cash basis.
The producer source commented, “Demand in the Southeast Asian market is not well since players prefer to source local materials rather than imports. Furthermore, competitive offers from Korea and India also influence our sales activities. We heard that Europe might impose ADD on Korean origin PET. In case of implementation, this will make Korean suppliers divert more cargoes to the Asian region. For China, demand in the country is not bad, it just slowed down in line with the winter season while no supply issues are reported. We expect stable to firmer prices in December due to the preparation of Chinese New Year. We are currently running our plant at full rates.”
The producer’s import offers to the region currently stand at $895-905/ton on CIF SEA, cash basis, up by $10-15/ton from early November levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS