Taiwanese producer lifts export PET prices to SEA
Accordingly, the producer’s export offers are up by $10-20/ton to reach $890-900/ton on an FOB Taiwan, cash basis.
The producer source commented, “Demand in the Southeast Asian market is not well since players prefer to source local materials rather than imports. Furthermore, competitive offers from Korea and India also influence our sales activities. We heard that Europe might impose ADD on Korean origin PET. In case of implementation, this will make Korean suppliers divert more cargoes to the Asian region. For China, demand in the country is not bad, it just slowed down in line with the winter season while no supply issues are reported. We expect stable to firmer prices in December due to the preparation of Chinese New Year. We are currently running our plant at full rates.”
The producer’s import offers to the region currently stand at $895-905/ton on CIF SEA, cash basis, up by $10-15/ton from early November levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months