Taiwanese producer lifts export PET prices to SEA
Accordingly, the producer’s export offers are up by $10-20/ton to reach $890-900/ton on an FOB Taiwan, cash basis.
The producer source commented, “Demand in the Southeast Asian market is not well since players prefer to source local materials rather than imports. Furthermore, competitive offers from Korea and India also influence our sales activities. We heard that Europe might impose ADD on Korean origin PET. In case of implementation, this will make Korean suppliers divert more cargoes to the Asian region. For China, demand in the country is not bad, it just slowed down in line with the winter season while no supply issues are reported. We expect stable to firmer prices in December due to the preparation of Chinese New Year. We are currently running our plant at full rates.”
The producer’s import offers to the region currently stand at $895-905/ton on CIF SEA, cash basis, up by $10-15/ton from early November levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing