Taiwanese producer lowers GPPS prices to Asia
The source stated, “We did not revise our HIPS prices, but we are open to negotiations. Demand for GPPS is still better than HIPS. According to our experience, we think that demand will start to pick up after the Chinese New Year holidays. We are currently running our GPPS line at 90% of capacity while our HIPS operating rates are at 65%.”
The producer’s PS prices currently stand at $1030/ton for GPPS and at $1070-1080/ton for HIPS, all on a CFR China/CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?