Taiwanese producer lowers GPPS prices to Asia
The source stated, “We did not revise our HIPS prices, but we are open to negotiations. Demand for GPPS is still better than HIPS. According to our experience, we think that demand will start to pick up after the Chinese New Year holidays. We are currently running our GPPS line at 90% of capacity while our HIPS operating rates are at 65%.”
The producer’s PS prices currently stand at $1030/ton for GPPS and at $1070-1080/ton for HIPS, all on a CFR China/CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect