Taiwanese producer lowers PS prices to Asia
The source stated, “We have been operating our PS plant at full rates in the past weeks as we are going to have a maintenance shutdown at the end of this month. Demand is regular, but it is not as good as it was in the March-April period. For PS applications, the next high season will begin in September. Until then, we believe that the direction of the PS market will mostly depend on styrene costs.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices decreased by around $35/ton when compared to the initial April levels to be currently quoted at around $1065/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem