Taiwanese producer lowers PS prices to Asia
The source stated, “We have been operating our PS plant at full rates in the past weeks as we are going to have a maintenance shutdown at the end of this month. Demand is regular, but it is not as good as it was in the March-April period. For PS applications, the next high season will begin in September. Until then, we believe that the direction of the PS market will mostly depend on styrene costs.”
In Asia, spot styrene prices decreased by around $35/ton when compared to the initial April levels to be currently quoted at around $1065/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand