Taiwanese producer raises HIPS, keeps GPPS stable to Asia
The producer lifted their prices by $30/ton for HIPS from last week and concluded deals at $1680/ton on CIF China/SEA, cash basis. For GPPS, which remained unchanged on a weekly basis, they concluded deals at $1580/ton with the same terms.
A source from the producer stated that they are giving $20/ton of discounts to conclude deals for both products. “Our HIPS offers increased this week due to firmer butadiene prices. Demand for HIPS is relatively better. We are feeling cost pressure due to high monomer prices and weak demand.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?