Taiwanese producer raises HIPS, keeps GPPS stable to Asia
The producer lifted their prices by $30/ton for HIPS from last week and concluded deals at $1680/ton on CIF China/SEA, cash basis. For GPPS, which remained unchanged on a weekly basis, they concluded deals at $1580/ton with the same terms.
A source from the producer stated that they are giving $20/ton of discounts to conclude deals for both products. “Our HIPS offers increased this week due to firmer butadiene prices. Demand for HIPS is relatively better. We are feeling cost pressure due to high monomer prices and weak demand.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets