Taiwanese producer raises PS, ABS offers to China
The producer raised its offers by $30/ton for both ABS and PS, bringing their new prices to $1940/ton for ABS injection, to $1540/ton for HIPS injection and to $1450/ton for GPPS injection, all on a CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
Regarding ABS, the trader also reported that Japan’s Asahi Kasei will shut its 200,000 tons/year ACN plant at the beginning of May for 55 days for maintenance while South Korea’s Tongsuh Petrochemical will also shut its 245,000 tons/year ACN plant in May for 25 days. “Firmer butadiene and ACN costs are pushing ABS prices higher,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia