Taiwanese producer raises PS, ABS offers to China
The producer raised its offers by $30/ton for both ABS and PS, bringing their new prices to $1940/ton for ABS injection, to $1540/ton for HIPS injection and to $1450/ton for GPPS injection, all on a CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis.
Regarding ABS, the trader also reported that Japan’s Asahi Kasei will shut its 200,000 tons/year ACN plant at the beginning of May for 55 days for maintenance while South Korea’s Tongsuh Petrochemical will also shut its 245,000 tons/year ACN plant in May for 25 days. “Firmer butadiene and ACN costs are pushing ABS prices higher,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September