Taiwanese producer reduces ABS prices to Turkey
The latest ABS offers from the producer currently stand at $1950/ton for natural and at $2100/ton for white, all on a CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash basis. These levels are down $85/ton from initial October announcements. “We expect prices from our Taiwanese supplier to move down some more in November,” the trader who received these prices said. The producer’s most recent ABS natural prices in China were reported at $1980-1990/ton CFR China, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
In Turkey, the localization costs of Taiwanese ABS roughly come to $2100/ton for natural and $2270/ton for white grade on an ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT after adding customs duty and a clearance cost of $30/ton without considering distributors’ margins. The lowest non-dutiable South Korean natural and white prices, meanwhile, were reported at $1950/ton and $2200/ton CIF Turkey, cash for which the localization costs come to $1980/ton and $2230/ton, respectively without margins. This calculation shows that Taiwanese ABS materials are still less competitive than duty free South Korean origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets