Taiwanese producer revises PS prices downwards to Asia
The producer cut their prices by $20-30/ton for GPPS and $30-40/ton for HIPS when compared to last week, bringing their new offers to $1370-1380/ton and to $1420-1430/ton for HIPS, respectively, on a CIF SEA/China, cash basis.
The source stated, “Buyers have retreated to the sidelines following the recent styrene decreases. However, we are still feeling positive about the near term outlook as several styrene plants are slated to be shut in South Korea and Japan in the first half of 2017.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe