Taiwanese producer revises PS prices downwards to Asia
The producer cut their prices by $20-30/ton for GPPS and $30-40/ton for HIPS when compared to last week, bringing their new offers to $1370-1380/ton and to $1420-1430/ton for HIPS, respectively, on a CIF SEA/China, cash basis.
The source stated, “Buyers have retreated to the sidelines following the recent styrene decreases. However, we are still feeling positive about the near term outlook as several styrene plants are slated to be shut in South Korea and Japan in the first half of 2017.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect