Taiwanese producer steps back on Nov PVC prices to China, SEA
A Vietnamese converter reported receiving an offer for Taiwanese PVC at $970/ton CIF, cash. “We are in no rush to make additional purchases for now and we plan to wait for another week before making our next move,” the buyer stated.
Import PVC prices currently stand at $970-1030/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis while offers to China stand at $980-1000/ton CFR, cash for Asian origins and at $950/ton CFR for US origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets