Taiwanese producers issue fresh hikes on PS, ABS prices to China
According to traders, a Taiwanese producer applied increases of $50/ton for ABS and $40/ton for PS when compared to two weeks ago while another producer lifted its offers by $50-70/ton for ABS and by $40/ton for PS from its latest offer levels.
“Producers’ ABS allocations remain tight while PS supplies are mostly sufficient,” noted traders.
Spot styrene prices in Asia are currently $45-50/ton higher when compared to initial July levels, hovering around $1160-1165/ton FOB South Korea.
In China, the overall ranges for import PS prices are currently quoted at $1320-1420/ton CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis for GPPS and at $1420-1480/ton for HIPS. As for ABS, the overall range stands at $1850-1880/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September