Taiwans’s CMMFC to take MEG plant offline
The maintenance is expected to start in mid-February 2017 and last for about 50-60 days, sources said.
The plant has a production capacity of 200,000 tons/year.
Taiwan’s CPC was previously reported to be planning maintenance on its naphtha-fed steam cracker at the same site around the same time, which is expected to last for 56 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019