Tanzania to ban use of plastic bags on January 1
However, some application areas including medical services, industrial packaging and the construction industry, the agriculture sector, sanitation and for waste management will be exempted from the new regulation.
The Tanzanian government has also imposed a ban on plastic bag imports since 2013, although up to 70% of the country’s plastics need is illegally met from imports, especially from UAE, China and Kenya, according to media reports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness