Tanzanian buyer: Major Saudi producer cuts January PP,PE prices
Meanwhile, the buyer received LDPE and LLDPE c4 film offers at $1420/ton from the same Saudi producer with the same terms. According to the buyer, this level is $80-100/ton lower when compared to the producer’s December levels.
“The Saudi producer’s January PP prices were revised down and we are expecting some downward adjustment for their PE offers as well since offer levels are still high for this polymer. Nowadays, players have just started to return to their desks and demand remains clam. Plus, it is the low season for PP applications. However, demand for PE applications is performing relatively better. Nevertheless, despite the decreases and downward adjustments, we are still planning to negotiate on the current offer levels and will continue to meet our urgent needs only because we are mostly covered until March. Our high season will start in April and we will consider purchasing in large volumes around March, but not before that date,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?