Tanzanian buyer: Major Saudi producer cuts January PP,PE prices
Meanwhile, the buyer received LDPE and LLDPE c4 film offers at $1420/ton from the same Saudi producer with the same terms. According to the buyer, this level is $80-100/ton lower when compared to the producer’s December levels.
“The Saudi producer’s January PP prices were revised down and we are expecting some downward adjustment for their PE offers as well since offer levels are still high for this polymer. Nowadays, players have just started to return to their desks and demand remains clam. Plus, it is the low season for PP applications. However, demand for PE applications is performing relatively better. Nevertheless, despite the decreases and downward adjustments, we are still planning to negotiate on the current offer levels and will continue to meet our urgent needs only because we are mostly covered until March. Our high season will start in April and we will consider purchasing in large volumes around March, but not before that date,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month