Tanzanian converter: Middle Eastern May PP, PE prices move up
The buyer received Saudi PP raffia and injection at $1110-1120/ton while they got LDPE and LLDPE film at $1300/ton on a CFR Dar es Salam, United Republic of Tanzania, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“In general, PP supplies are restricted in the country while demand is good due to the high season. We anticipate the high season to continue until the end of September, but given more or less stable crude oil prices as well as slowing global demand, especially in China, we are not expecting further increases for the upcoming term,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months