Tanzanian trader: Saudi producer’s PP supplies tight
“Usually, May and June are the peak season for many PP applications. However, in order to be ready for the peak season, buyers usually start looking for cargoes in March and April so that they can start their manufacturing before the run up in demand. However, since PP supplies are tight, there is a bit of a panicky feeling amongst buyers, who are looking for alternative PP suppliers,” he commented.
The trader offers Saudi LDPE film (light duty) and LLDPE film with $20/ton increases from February at $1250/ton on CFR Dar es Salam, United Republic of Tanzania, 90 days deferred payment basis. Meanwhile, he also offers HDPE film and blow moulding at $1250/ton and HDPE injection at $1260/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence