Tax removal on white goods stimulates ABS demand in Turkey
Today, an ABS seller commented that the recent plan has improved demand from manufacturers since last week. “ABS supplies are tight in Turkey nowadays since traders have been quite cautious with their replenishment activity due to steep import price increases from their Asian and European suppliers. Moreover, demand from the white good industry has picked up following the government’s recent decision to remove the consumption tax which boosted inquiries from converters compared to the previous months.”
According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, the locally-held ABS natural injection market reached to the highest levels of more than 2 years on a weekly average, driven by higher production costs, surging import market, the globally firming ABS trend and diminishing availability from Iran.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS