Texas opposes location of Exxon’s Petchem Plant
Alternative locations for the plant, which is expected to produce 1.8 million tons/year of ethylene and feed plants producing MEG and polyethylene, such as Victoria, Houston and St. James Parish in Louisiana are also being considered, the reports revealed.
Previously, the project was said to be a SABIC – ExxonMobil joint venture and Sabic had not given any details regarding the financial value of the project. Before giving a final decision, the parties were expected to conduct studies and confer with state and local officials to identify a potential site for the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers