Texas opposes location of Exxon’s Petchem Plant
Alternative locations for the plant, which is expected to produce 1.8 million tons/year of ethylene and feed plants producing MEG and polyethylene, such as Victoria, Houston and St. James Parish in Louisiana are also being considered, the reports revealed.
Previously, the project was said to be a SABIC – ExxonMobil joint venture and Sabic had not given any details regarding the financial value of the project. Before giving a final decision, the parties were expected to conduct studies and confer with state and local officials to identify a potential site for the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian styrene prices rebound on increased demand, short-covering
- Global PET markets weighed by falling feedstock costs
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner