Texas opposes location of Exxon’s Petchem Plant
Alternative locations for the plant, which is expected to produce 1.8 million tons/year of ethylene and feed plants producing MEG and polyethylene, such as Victoria, Houston and St. James Parish in Louisiana are also being considered, the reports revealed.
Previously, the project was said to be a SABIC – ExxonMobil joint venture and Sabic had not given any details regarding the financial value of the project. Before giving a final decision, the parties were expected to conduct studies and confer with state and local officials to identify a potential site for the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July