Thai IRPC’s net profit climbs 47% in Q3
The company recorded a gain of 181 million baht from foreign exchange in the July-September period when compared to a loss of 1.06 billion baht in the same period a year earlier.
However, it is reported that the company’s net profit declined 65% from Q2 due to decreasing gross integrated margins to $12.50/barrel from $13.39 in the previous quarter.
According to analysts, the third quarter may record the lowest profit level of 2016 and earnings of the company are expected to advance in the last quarter of this year owing to increasing refinery run rates, although a planned shutdown in February may cause a decline on earnings in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm