Thai Indorama and India’s Dhunseri team up to acquire EIPET
Located in Ain Sokhna free trade zone in Egypt, the PET plant has a capacity of 540,000 tons/year and is among the largest PET capacities in the Middle East and Africa.
The statement revealed that the agreement will take affect immediately and Indorama Ventures Portugal PTA will ensure feedstocks for EIPET with short transit times. Restart activities for manufacturing recyclable PET has commenced while PTA will be shipped from IVL Portugal following the expected restart in early July. The acquisition of EIPET will increase Indorama Ventures’ global PET capacity by 10%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient