Thai Indorama shuts PTA plant, China’s Hengli postpones maintenance
The maintenance at the 771,000 tons/year plant is expected to last 15 days until March, sources said.
Meanwhile, China’s Hengli Petrochemical reportedly decided to postpone the scheduled turnaround at its No 3 PTA line, which was initially planned to take place last year in September-October period and then delayed to March.
The exact date and duration of maintenance shutdown has not been decided yet, sources said.
The Chinese petrochemical company has 3 PTA lines with a combined capacity of 2.2 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out