Thai Indorama shuts PTA plant, China’s Hengli postpones maintenance
The maintenance at the 771,000 tons/year plant is expected to last 15 days until March, sources said.
Meanwhile, China’s Hengli Petrochemical reportedly decided to postpone the scheduled turnaround at its No 3 PTA line, which was initially planned to take place last year in September-October period and then delayed to March.
The exact date and duration of maintenance shutdown has not been decided yet, sources said.
The Chinese petrochemical company has 3 PTA lines with a combined capacity of 2.2 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets