Thai Indorama shuts PTA plant, China’s Hengli postpones maintenance
The maintenance at the 771,000 tons/year plant is expected to last 15 days until March, sources said.
Meanwhile, China’s Hengli Petrochemical reportedly decided to postpone the scheduled turnaround at its No 3 PTA line, which was initially planned to take place last year in September-October period and then delayed to March.
The exact date and duration of maintenance shutdown has not been decided yet, sources said.
The Chinese petrochemical company has 3 PTA lines with a combined capacity of 2.2 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers