Thai, Malaysian producers announce local PVC prices for Dec
A distributor in Thailand reported that a domestic producer implemented THB1000/ton ($28/ton) decreases on their December PVC prices, bringing their new local offers to THB29500/ton ($825/ton) on an FD Thailand, cash basis. The distributor commented, “Expectations for additional decreases continue to keep buying interest weak at the moment.”
In Malaysia, a source from a local producer reported that they lowered their domestic PVC prices by MYR50/ton ($12/ton) for December to MYR3550/ton ($836/ton) FD, cash. The source stated, “Demand from our regular customers is okay nowadays. We heard that a major Taiwanese producer has already sold out their December quotas.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?