Thai PE prices move lower to China: trader
According to him, these offers indicate week over week decreases of $20/ton for LDPE film, $10/ton for LLDPE film and $15-20/ton for HDPE film.
“We feel that import PE prices will continue to move lower in line with the softening domestic market. We are still maintaining our position on the sidelines as we find the current levels to be too high to accept,” he commented.
In China, overall import PE prices are reported at $1380-1430/ton for LDPE film, at $1290-1390/ton for LLDPE film and at $1330-1400/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect