Thai PE prices move lower to China: trader
According to him, these offers indicate week over week decreases of $20/ton for LDPE film, $10/ton for LLDPE film and $15-20/ton for HDPE film.
“We feel that import PE prices will continue to move lower in line with the softening domestic market. We are still maintaining our position on the sidelines as we find the current levels to be too high to accept,” he commented.
In China, overall import PE prices are reported at $1380-1430/ton for LDPE film, at $1290-1390/ton for LLDPE film and at $1330-1400/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months