Thai PTT’s Q3 net profit declines on year
PTT global posted a net profit of 7.6 billion baht ($231 million) in the July-September period, up 25% when compared to the previous quarter. Higher utilization rates at their olefins plants and wider spreads of aromatics and olefin products were cited as the main reasons behind the company’s stronger quarterly results.
Meanwhile, PTT Pcl, which holds 49% of the shares in PTT Global, stated that they are planning to complete the funding plan for their proposed $22 billion refinery and petrochemical project in Vietnam in the third quarter of 2015. The project gained a preliminary approval from the Vietnamese government on September 30. PTT and Saudi Aramco will each hold a 40% stake in the project while the rest of the shares will be owned by the Vietnamese government.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm