Thai PTT’s Q3 net profit declines on year
PTT global posted a net profit of 7.6 billion baht ($231 million) in the July-September period, up 25% when compared to the previous quarter. Higher utilization rates at their olefins plants and wider spreads of aromatics and olefin products were cited as the main reasons behind the company’s stronger quarterly results.
Meanwhile, PTT Pcl, which holds 49% of the shares in PTT Global, stated that they are planning to complete the funding plan for their proposed $22 billion refinery and petrochemical project in Vietnam in the third quarter of 2015. The project gained a preliminary approval from the Vietnamese government on September 30. PTT and Saudi Aramco will each hold a 40% stake in the project while the rest of the shares will be owned by the Vietnamese government.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports