Thai PTTGC posts financial results in Q1, plans growth for 2017
However, the company estimates its earnings in the next quarter to be the lowest of 2017 because of the maintenance shutdown in Q2.
The company also said it estimates a sales growth of about 26% in 2017 and plans an investment of THB50 billion ($1.5 billion), THB26 billion ($750 million) of which will be used to acquire shares of petrochemical, propylene and biochemical business units from PTT Pcl in Q3. The remaining THB24 billion ($695 million) will be used for projects which include making plastics for automotive, construction and electronic industries.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September