Thai SCG aims to strengthen presence in ASEAN via investments
The company is cooperating with Vietnam’s state-owned PetroVietnam for the construction of a petrochemical complex. The company invests around THB188 billion($7.7 billion). A company official referred to this project as SCG’s one of the largest investments in ASEAN.
Apart from Vietnam, SCG already has a significant commercial presence in countries including Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia and the Philippines and plans to expand its presence further domestically and externally by mergers and acquisitions.
SCG’s assets in ASEAN had a worth of THB126.05 billion at the end of last year, which is about 23% of its total asset value.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out