Thai SCG aims to strengthen presence in ASEAN via investments
The company is cooperating with Vietnam’s state-owned PetroVietnam for the construction of a petrochemical complex. The company invests around THB188 billion($7.7 billion). A company official referred to this project as SCG’s one of the largest investments in ASEAN.
Apart from Vietnam, SCG already has a significant commercial presence in countries including Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia and the Philippines and plans to expand its presence further domestically and externally by mergers and acquisitions.
SCG’s assets in ASEAN had a worth of THB126.05 billion at the end of last year, which is about 23% of its total asset value.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers