Thai SCG aims to strengthen presence in ASEAN via investments
The company is cooperating with Vietnam’s state-owned PetroVietnam for the construction of a petrochemical complex. The company invests around THB188 billion($7.7 billion). A company official referred to this project as SCG’s one of the largest investments in ASEAN.
Apart from Vietnam, SCG already has a significant commercial presence in countries including Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia and the Philippines and plans to expand its presence further domestically and externally by mergers and acquisitions.
SCG’s assets in ASEAN had a worth of THB126.05 billion at the end of last year, which is about 23% of its total asset value.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December