Thai SCG aims to strengthen presence in ASEAN via investments
The company is cooperating with Vietnam’s state-owned PetroVietnam for the construction of a petrochemical complex. The company invests around THB188 billion($7.7 billion). A company official referred to this project as SCG’s one of the largest investments in ASEAN.
Apart from Vietnam, SCG already has a significant commercial presence in countries including Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia and the Philippines and plans to expand its presence further domestically and externally by mergers and acquisitions.
SCG’s assets in ASEAN had a worth of THB126.05 billion at the end of last year, which is about 23% of its total asset value.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets