Thai SCG looking for partners for petchem project in Vietnam
The company started to seek new investors after Qatar Petroleum International, which owns a 25% stake in the project, announced that they decided to exit the project as part of their restructuring plan in October. SCG Chemicals had previously tried to form an agreement with PetroVietnam, another participant in the project, to sell Qatar Petroleum’s stakes, however the parties could not reach an agreement.
The proposed complex would be Vietnam’s first fully integrated petrochemical facility with a planned production capacity of 1 million tons/year of ethylene. The new complex is expected to be commissioned in 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?